The Capitol 10k on March 29th, 2009 will be a celebration of our hard work and dedication. Here is where we can share our victories and struggles, find new motivation and fight through the setbacks. We're all 6.2 miles away from something we never thought we'd do...finishing the race.

Sunday, September 7, 2008

Attention all Racers...

First...
if your name is not on the "capitol 10k list" on my blog, letmythoughtsflow, then please comment here or email me or something. People have joined up via texts, emails, comments, posts, comments on other's posts...i'm a little lost with who all is joining.

Second,
If you don't know where to begin training, go to the runnersworld link above and look in their training suggestions. They have a variety of programs for all levels of walkers/runners. And just lots of tips and information.

Third,
I am running in the Shannon Race on October 4th here in SA. It's a 5k or a 1 mile fun run. It might be a good short term goal for some of us. It's 10 bucks to do the 5k. Go to Roadlizards.org for more information.

Fourth,
I will work on the tee shirt design(with your input, of course). That will be coming much later. All the tees will be the same, but on my bib (the number you wear when you race), I'm going to write Dad's name or a verse for him or something. We could all do something like that. And, of course, you don't have to get a shirt...

Fifth,
And this is totally just my little opinion and I am about as far from a coach or anyone that should be giving such advice, but here it goes...for the first month, just get walking/running into your routine. Find a way to just enjoy hitting the road (or treadmill). Don't kill yourself trying to go too far or too fast. You'll burn out before you get started. So for the month of September, just do something....again, I repeat, that is just my opinion with no expertise or research behind it.

And that about covers it...

No comments: